A strong weekend program is a sign of a strong troop — Troop 2 aims for one weekend camping trip a month year-round. The trips are diverse in their focus, from caving to waterskiing, rock climbing to kayaking. Troop 2 also attends summer camp for one week each summer.
Our weekend trips are usually, but not always, held the second weekend of the month. The troop generally departs Friday evening and returns Sunday afternoon. We also occasionally take day trips.
While not technically a “trip,” Troop 2 participates each year in the district Merit Badge College. MBC consists of two Saturday sessions, one in January and one in February, and is a great opportunity for scouts to earn multiple merit badges.
Permissions slips are distributed via the troop email list. Unless otherwise noted, permission slips and trip fees are due no later than two weeks prior to the trip.
Scout trip planners may download the permission slip template from the Forms & Lists page. You will need to save a copy to your computer so that you can customize the highlighted fields for your trip.
- January 30-February 1: Skiing at Big Boulder
- February 20-22: Do Nothing, Avondale cabin
- March 13-15: Cabin camping, Camp Ockanickon
- April: no trip
- May: no trip
- June 12-14: Scout Skills, Susquehannock State Park, Drumore, PA
- July 11-12: Scout Beach Jam, Wildwood NJ
- July 26-August 1: Summer camp at Camp Ockanickon
- September 18-20: Mountain biking trip, Lums Pond State Park
- October 16-18: Webelos Woods, Fair Hill Natural Resource Area
- November 13-15: U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis
- December 4-6: Hiking trip, White Clay Creek State Park
- January: Do Nothing Trip, Mallard Lodge. Postponed till February due to pipes bursting at Mallard Lodge.
- Feb 14-16: Do Nothing Trip, Mallard Lodge. Activities: Working on merit badges, including a trip to the Dover AFB Air Mobility Command Museum, John Dickinson Plantation, Old State House, and Dover Green. All activities will count toward merit badges.
- March 7-9: Ski Trip
- April 4-6: Cape Henlopen: biking, fishing, hiking.
- May 9-11: Caving trip, near Shippensburg, Pa.
- June 13-15: Scout Skills, Tuckahoe State Park.
- July 20-26: Summer Camp at Rodney Scout Reservation
- August 2: Guppy Gulch Water Adventure, Delta, Pa.
- August 14: GoApe Adventure at Lums Pond State Park
- September 5-7: Ricketts Glen State Park
- October: Webelos Woods
- December: Historic USCGC Taney, Baltimore, Md. Download the pre-trip info
- January: Klondike Derby at Camp Rodney.
- March: Day trip, skiing at Jack Frost Mountain.
- March: Climbing & Orienteering trip.
- April: West Point Camporee.
- May: Beach Jam, Wildwood, NJ.
- June: Scout Skills, Landenberg.
- July & August: no weekend trips due to summer camp.
- September: Mountain Biking & Hiking, Fair Hill, MD.
- October: Webelos Woods, Camp Rodney, North East, MD.
- November: Sporting Clays at Owens Station.
- December: Cooking merit badge at Walpine Farm, Landenberg, PA.
- January: Naval Academy Jamboree
- March: New York City
- April: Backing on the Appalachian Trail
- May: Council Jamboree
- September: Water Sports
- October: Highland Games
- November: Sporting Clays
- December: Do Something
- January: Do Nothing Trip at Mallard Lodge
- February: Backpacking at Camp Rodney
- March: Skiing in the Catskills
- April: Scout Skills at Fair Hill
- May: West Point Jamboree
- June: Climbing/Rappelling at Alapocas
- July: Summer Camp at Resica Falls
- August: Waterskiing on the Upper Chesapeake Bay
- September: Caving in West Virginia
- October: Webelos Skills/Mountain Biking at Fair Hill
- November: Sporting Clays at Owens Station
- December: Do Nothing Trip at Avondale Cabin